Italy has many secrets that many people seek to know. Someone decides to buy a plane ticket and completely plunge into the atmosphere of celebration and fun, someone reads articles on Italy in encyclopedias, and someone follows the path of least resistance and looks for answers to his questions on the Internet.
So what do the British and Americans most want to know about the beautiful and mysterious country located on the Apennine Peninsula? We have prepared for you a list of the most interesting searches on Google.
- Why is Italy so ... expensive? Last year, a storm of indignation arose on the Internet, which was raised by British tourists. According to them, four horns with ice cream cost 64 euro in Rome. This story was actively discussed in the forums, and in the meantime, an incorrect opinion was formed regarding prices in Italy. Perhaps in some situations the adjective “dear” can be applied to the country of wine and sun, but how can we talk about exorbitant prices, if somewhere else, like in Italy, you can drink a cup of excellent cappuccino brewed with love for only 1 5 euros or eat delicious pizza for 5 euros?
- Why is Italy so ... corrupt? It is almost impossible to get rid of imposed stereotypes. The fact that corruption is rampant in Italy is shared by all the world media, and the trial of former Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi and other scandals involving politicians reinforce the prevailing opinion. This is how a few people can ruin the good reputation of an entire nation.
- Why is Italy so ... racist? Despite the fact that Italians are considered kind and sympathetic people, numerous statements by local public figures about the first black minister, Cecile Kyenge, or the terrible attitude towards immigrants held in special centers, affects the negative attitude of foreigners towards Italy.
- Why is Italy so ... dirty? If you walk along the picturesque meadows and hills of Toscana or shop in Milan's boutiques, then the idea that Italy is a polluted country will not come to your mind. However, if you judge by the situation in Napoli, where the problem of garbage collection is acute, then it is clear why you have this opinion.
- Why are Italian men so... cute? Finally, at least something positive. This stereotype has been around for decades. So what's the deal? In the pretty Italian team footballers, chic Dolce & Gabbana brand models, or on the “Most Beautiful Priests” calendar?
- Why is Italy so... romantic? Verona (Verona), Venice (Venezia), Florence (Firenze), Rome (Roma) ... This list goes on and on. The real beauty of the country in combination with flirting Italians is a terrible force.
- Why are Italian families so ... strong? Recent data show that about 45 percent of young Italians live with their parents. Therefore, the opinion of reliable family ties in Italy has developed for a reason. However, many do not take into account that young people share shelter with older generations not at all out of warm feelings, but rather because of financial difficulties. Among other things, the number of divorces is not decreasing every year, but growing.
- Why Italy ... - Homeland Renaissance? It is worth recognizing that the 21st century is not as successful for the country as the previous ones, but no one calls into question the whole past influence of Italy on the course of world events. And the Renaissance, during which local geniuses invented many things, can definitely be considered one of the most successful in the history of the country.
- Why is Italy so ... good at sports? One has only to look at a map of the world: in its form, Italy resembles a shoe that hits the ball. This sporting country was among the first to start playing football. The national team was already assembled in 1893. Azurri won the world championships more than once: in 1934, 1938, 1982 and 2006.
- Why is Italy so ... popular? Despite everything, today the homeland of pizza and wine is perhaps the most preferred destination for tourists. And this is not surprising: cuisine, wine, sun, history, art, culture, beaches, mountains, fashion, handsome men, amazing women ... And the list goes on.