The island of Sardinia (Sardegna) - this is primarily more than 1800 km of diverse beaches. Sandy and pebble, snow-white and pink, well-maintained and wild, the beaches of Sardinia are distinguished by the purity of the water and coast and a beautiful landscape.
Whether you are guided by a friend’s advice, travel agency advertising or choose a beach at random on the map of the island - an unforgettable vacation is guaranteed. Listing the best beaches in Sardinia is a difficult task, there are more than three hundred of them, and each is good in its own way, but we will try.
Costa Smeralda is the most fashionable beach area on the map of Sardinia. Located in the north-eastern part of the island. The name was given to Lebanese billionaire prince Aga Khan, who bought land here in 1960. The prince built a large resort area, including the Costa Smeralda yacht club.
Porto Cervo is rightfully recognized as the pearl of the Emerald Coast. It has a developed infrastructure and the best marinas in Europe. A popular holiday destination of the "rich and famous."
- Princes Beach (Spiaggia del Principe) is named after Aga Khan. Sandy, has the shape of a horseshoe, a gentle slope and a granite bottom.
- Liscia Ruja beach is good for its shallow bay, white and pink sand and the surrounding strawberry and juniper trees. Ideal for families with small children.
- To the south is Petra Ruja - the pink beach of the Emerald Coast. This shade is given to him by the fragments and shells of the picturesque red cliffs, spread on the coast.
Porto Cervo hotels are the best in Sardinia, many elite and expensive, but there are also budget accommodation options. Well-equipped and not too expensive, the Balocco Hotel and Colonna Park Hotel are within walking distance of the beach.
Porto Rotondo is a popular destination for diving enthusiasts and former Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi. His villa Certosa is located in Porto Rotondo and has access to the sea. The best beaches of Porto Rotondo - Marinella (Marinella) and Ira (Ira) with silky white sand and cliffs of an interesting shape. The most suitable vacation for those who enjoy water sports.
Porto Rotondo offers tourists comfortable hotels, the price varies depending on the season and the proximity of the hotel to the beach. The cozy and affordable Hotel S'Astore is located 2 km from Marinella Beach.
Baia Sardinia is the liveliest resort of the Emerald Coast. Located opposite the La Maddalena archipelago. It attracts tourists with its bustling nightlife and the wonderful Aquadream water park. The beautiful and picturesque beaches of Bahia Sardinia are covered with pink porphyry crumbs from the nearby rocks. Hotel Mon Repos is only 100 meters from the beach.
Santa Teresa di Gallura
Santa Teresa di Gallura is the northernmost resort of Sardinia, located closest to Corsica and the Apennine Peninsula, therefore, Italians like to relax here. The beaches of Santa Teresa di Gallura are spread among proud cliffs, the most popular being Rena Bianca with white sand and turquoise water. 200 meters from the coast are the hotels of L'Ancora and Corralaro, providing guests with boats for boat trips. The best option for those who are relaxing with young children is the resort complex Colonna Grand Hotel Capo Testa. The complex includes two hotels with their own beaches, a SPA and tallotherapy center, a mini club and a pool for children.
La Maddalena Archipelago - Located off the northeast coast of Sardinia, it has been declared Italy's National Park since 1996. Here you can enjoy the beauties of the Mediterranean in its original form. It has convenient transport links to the Costa Smeralda, the closest resort is Bahia Sardinia, from where you can reach the archipelago by car over a bridge or by boat from any of the local beaches.
- Maddalena is the largest and only inhabited island of the archipelago. A sandy beach and transparent turquoise depths attract divers, and the historic center with many old buildings is architecture lovers.
- On the island of Budelli (Budelli) is a pink beach reserve Spiagga Rosa.
The sand has this color due to the decaying shell of mollusks. Here were shot some shots of Michelangelo Antonioni's Red Desert film (Il Deserto Rosso). Entrance and entry to the beach are prohibited, you can only admire from afar by ordering a boat ride.
- The main attractions of Caprera Island are the Velico Sailing School and the Giuseppe Garibaldi House Museum. The cozy bays of the island are great for fishing and romantic swimming together.
The Alghero Coral Riviera includes the following beaches:
- The central beach of Lido (Lido di Alghero) is an excellent option for those who want to combine the charms of urban life with a beach holiday. The city is known as "little Barcelona", Catalan architecture and the eternal atmosphere of the holiday will delight tourists.
- The sands of Burantin Beach are fancifully curved in the shape of a heart.
- Le Bombarde Beach is especially loved by the locals. Pure water and healing air, smelling of needles from pine trees growing around.
Alghero offers vacationers wonderful hotels with a history; Elizabeth Taylor and Anthony Quinn were vacationing at El Faro Algero. Villa Las Tronas Algero Hotel & Spa is located in a historic building and is suitable for a private retreat.
- A few kilometers from Oristano are the rice beaches of Mari Ermi and Is Arutas. Both are covered with small quartz stones resembling rice. Quartz is mainly white, there are interspersed with green, yellow and gray colors, which looks very beautiful and unusual. It is forbidden to take out the pebbles, the violator faces a fine of 500 euros. The infrastructure is completely absent, there are no hotels and restaurants within walking distance, there are not even sun loungers on the beach. You will have to sunbathe lying on the quartz, which is extremely useful.
- Putzu Idu is an open beach with fine sand and long waves, a real paradise for surfers.
There are many accommodation options in Oristano; the Mistral2 and Villa Delle Rose hotels are good and relatively inexpensive.
Villas and apartments in Oristano
Cagliari (Cagliari) - the capital of Sardinia. The city is notable for monuments of history and architecture.
- Poetto Beach - large in Italy, has about 8 km in length. Due to its location in the city, the infrastructure is well developed: many bars, discos, open-air cinema, take-away trattoria. But due to the large influx of tourists, the water in the season is a little muddy.
- Beaches Villasimius Villas of Cagliari is a wonderful vacation spot for lovers of the clear sea and beautiful views. There is another “rice” beach - Spiagga del Riso.
- The beaches of Costa Rei are marked by the Blue Flag of environmentalists and recognized as the cleanest in Sardinia.
- The most "long-playing" beach in Sardinia is located 50 km from Cagliari, in the town of Torre delle Stelle. The season lasts from April to October, the city is ideal for fans of a relaxing holiday.
Hotel Calamosca in Cagliari has its own beach and terrace with sea views. La Villa Del Mare and Hotel Villa Sveva are a minute's walk from Poetto Beach.