If you are planning to visit Venice, be sure to include in the plan of your discoveries a small but very bright fishing village called Burano. You must visit it without fail, even if you have only one day to get to know the city. Try to make a couple of hours on an excursion to Burano to see with your own eyes these incredibly bright and cozy houses.Pecold / shutterstock.com
- Tip: on the island of Burano, twice an hour from the stop at the lighthouse of Murano (Faro Murano) goes vaporetto (water tram) number 12.
- Recommended: visit the islands of Murano and Burano during an individual excursion Colorful Venice
Such bright colors of the facades of houses explain in different ways. According to legends, every fisherman-sailor should have easily, even in a drunken state, find his home purely by its color. But, like everywhere else, guides love to add spicy nuances to their stories.kavalenkava volha / Shutterstock.com
It even comes to anecdotal tales, saying that the most drinkers, before going to the tavern, wives put a mark on the forehead with the color of their house so that neighbors or passers-by could carry out the "hero" if he was lost and could not go.Shchipkova Elena / Shutterstock.com
Be that as it may, even today, local residents (and there are a little more than two and a half thousand people) maintain their homes in beautiful condition. Each of the houses is assigned a specific color and can only be changed by agreement with the authorities.
- Top Rated 4 Star Hotels in Venice
- Top rated 5 star Venice hotels for a romantic getaway
- Best hostels in Venice for budget travelers
- Mestre - 20 minutes from the center, a great alternative for budget travelers.
Would you be able to live in such a bright house? Share in the comments your photos from Burano and your impressions of traveling to a fairy tale.